Saturday, July 24, 2010

Here goes nothin'....

Honestly, I never thought I'd have a blog. I am an AVID reader of other people's blogs, and I share a private blog with my Alpha Gam girls (that we use to keep up with each other's lives since we are so spread out), but I never really thought I'd start my own blog. I didn't think I'd have much to say. The more I thought about it the better it seemed...I could use it like a journal. I'm sure over the next few months there will be TONS of things that will happen that I will want to remember, and I am SURE I am not dedicated enough to keep a hand written journal over the next 34ish weeks. Are my subtle hints helping? Is the suspense killing you?!? :) The reason I'm starting this blog is because........I. AM. PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!

So, here we are....exactly one week and one day after I took a positive pregnancy test! It was Friday, July 16th (our three year and one month anniversary), and I had taken off work because Hays and I were going to Cincinnati for the weekend because Baker and Cassie were getting married! I decided to take off work on Friday, so that we could go up early and make a fun, long weekend out of it. Well, when I woke up that morning I just had this URGE to take a pregnancy test. I wasn't supposed to start until the next day, but I just felt like I needed to know that moment! It wasn't the first pregnancy test I had taken, and I truly didn't think it would be positive, but sure enough there were two lines (one was VERY faint, but it was DEFINITELY there)! I freaked out and told Hays, "YOU HAVE GOT TO COME SEE THIS!!!!". We were both SO excited! We are going to be PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!

So our morning went a little differently than planned! Hays got online and googled "faint line on pregnancy test", and I scoured What to Expect When You're Expecting for information about positive pregnancy test readings. We both found out the same thing- WE. ARE. PREGNANT!

We headed off to Cincy for the weekend with SO much excitement. We went to the zoo first, and saw TONS of fun animals including our favorite THAT day: the stork! Of course I got my picture made with him! I told him I'd see him in a few months when he dropped off our baby. ;)

Then we checked in the hotel, rested for a bit and headed out to Newport on the Levee for dinner at Brother's and a comedy show at The Funny Bone. It was awesome! The comedian was hilarious...the rest of the audience not so much! ;) Then we went back to the hotel bar (where I had water, of course) and hung out with all our high school friends that were in Baker's wedding. It was great to see everyone, and Baker was SO happy. :)

The next day was the wedding, but not until 6:30, so we got up around 9 and headed to the outlet malls in Jeffersonville, OH. If you haven't been there....GO NOW! They are fab.u.lous! Hays and I decided we definitely have to come back later when we know what we're having because there were tons of baby clothes stores and a Pottery Barn outlet. Yay!!!! We made it back to Cincy in plenty of time for the wedding. It was absolutely beautiful! It was at the Marriot in Covington overlooking the Ohio River. Next was cocktail hour (water again), and dinner and dancing all at the hotel. It was a PARTY! We had a BLAST!

We came back to Lexington on Sunday and did a whole lot of nothing- we were SPENT! Then on Monday morning I called my NEW OB-GYN and made an appointment. The first time she had available was Thursday, July 29th at 10AM, so I took it. If my calculations are right, I will be almost 7 weeks pregnant by then. I can't wait to have everything confirmed and all my questions answered by Dr. Schell!

Definitely lots more to come! Thanks for reading my NOVEL- I promise not all posts will be THIS long. :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!

    I can't imagine what your weekend away was like! Absolute perfection! So glad your BIG NEWS fell over a weekend trip so you two were really able to enjoy your secret!

    Jess, I am so happy for you all!! Seriously, this blows my mind....I am thrilled! Can't believe YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete