Saturday, September 4, 2010

11 Week Doctor's Appointment

So the day after my wreck, I went for my 11 week appointment with Dr. Schell. It was already scheduled for that day, but I'm so glad it fell when it did because I wanted to ask her about the wreck and really make sure everything was still okay with Brayley. The appointment went great. I started by being weighed (Oh joy! I was actually down 6 pounds....they said it's probably due to the morning sickness and me not having much of an appetite). The nurse said it was to be expected this early on, and I should start feeling better and gaining more weight for my next appointment at 15 weeks and then definitely at 19 weeks! So that's fun to look forward to, I guess. After that the nurse took my blood pressure (100/80) and asked me how I'd been feeling. I let her know that I'd still been having some morning sickness, but I was taking Phenergan at night and that was helping me to sleep. I told her about the wreck I had the day before and explained exactly what happened. She said that Dr. Schell might want to do an ultrasound just to check on the baby and 3 things immediately came to my mind: 1) PANIC- oh my goodness, she thinks this might be bad enough to do an ultrasound! 2) YAY I get to see my baby! 3) Hays is going to kill me if they do another ultrasound without him here! I had called the doctor's office earlier in the week to ask if they were doing an ultrasound at this visit and since they said "no" then Hays decided not to come. I knew he'd be disappointed that he missed it.

Dr. Schell comes into the office with the floating ultrasound machine and wants to look at baby Brayley right off the bat. She did a belly ultrasound this time, this is the first time I've had one of these....it was pretty cool! Immediately the black circle pops up and little Brayley is inside. I guess I shouldn't really say "little" because Brayley has grown a TON since I saw him last. Baby measured 4 cm, which is perfect for almost 11 weeks. I could see the baby's head and legs- it was awesome. At one point, he was kicking his legs around and flipping around in my belly. It was crazy! I couldn't feel it at all, but I could see it on the screen. Super surreal! I was in awe! It was so much fun seeing Brayley again, and such a relief to know that everything was okay! I tried to scan in the pictures, but they didn't turn out so well, but LIVE on the screen, let me tell you- Brayley was AWESOME!I go back to the doctor in 4 weeks for another check up and then 4 weeks after that for the BIG ULTRASOUND when we find out if Brayley is a boy or a girl. For the record, my guess is BOY (for some reason I always refer to the baby as a "he"). So, we'll find out soon enough. The ultrasound is scheduled for 10/28! I am already SO excited to see Brayley again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment