Saturday, September 4, 2010

Emma Gets Injured!

So...September started off fun! I had just picked up lunch at Taco Bell (I know...I'm bad!) and I was going to pull in the parking lot in Regency Center and eat in my car before running into TJ Maxx really quick. Well, as I get in the left turning lane to pull into the parking lot I notice that traffic is backed up (due to a red light at Lowry/Nicholasville Rd). So, the cars are spaced out enough for me to make the turn in between them (after being motioned to do so by a driver in a minivan who is letting me turn in front of her). I start to make the turn and then see a black Honda Accord coming at me at FULL SPEED....apparently there are 2 lanes that go straight at that point on Lowry Lane (Who knew? Not me!). So I see the car, realize it's going to hit me and I try to floor it and get out of there before she does too much damage (well, I was sort of hoping I'd get out of there without wrecking!). No such luck! The Honda hits me right behind my back passenger side door and dents the side of my car and nearly rips off my bumper! :( Boo!!!! The lady that hit me was really nice. Her car didn't have much damage, but my car "Emma" looks awful. Currently, my bumper is duck taped to hold it onto my car. Classy, right? Emma just turned 6 months old and she's already been jaded. Oh well, no one was hurt and that's all that matters. Insurance will be fixing the cars....that's why we have insurance, right? I was wearing my seatbelt and no airbags went off, so I am pretty sure there was no harm to Brayley, but luckily I was going to the doctor the next day anyway, so I'd be able to ask her about that while I was there. More on that to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment