Sunday, August 29, 2010

Who That Is? My BABY DADDY!

My baby daddy, my husband, my best friend, the love of my life......Hays Browning! So, I thought it was time that I tell those of you that might not know how absolutely fantastic Brayley's Daddy is! Hays and I have been together for over 10 years! We were just babies when we met....okay...not babies, but we were just four years old going to the library in downtown Greenville for story time. Then we went to preschool together, followed by K-12, and then off to UK together too! We've basically known each other our entire lives. We didn't always know we'd end up together, but I think we both had a feeling pretty early on.

When we were in middle school, May 10, 1998 to be exact, we became OFFICIAL (ie. boyfriend and girlfriend). After a lovely nearly 5 month relationship (which is impressive for 14 year olds) we broke up and decided to just be friends. It took almost 2 years for us to get back together, but by then we were both sure....and the rest is history. We began our fairy tale on June 16, 2000 after returning home from Mission Fuge (church camp). It was the summer before our junior year of high school, and I was 15! But I had found my husband!

Hays and I started talking about getting married really early in the relationship, honesly I think all high school couples do this not really knowing if it's actually going to happen or not. For some reason, I never really questioned it...it always just felt "right". Things were so easy with him! Since we'd been friends literally our entire lives, we had a pretty easy time dealing with the "dramas" of high school and each other. I loved him then....probably even before June 16th! ;) Our senior year of high school we both applied to UK (we both ONLY applied to UK) and ended up getting in and getting our housing assignments early (we were a little over anxious about college!). We found out we were living in the same dorm! Kirwan 3 on South Campus! I was super excited, I had heard great things about dorm life from Hays' sister, Whitney, and couldn't wait to go to school!

That summer, I moved into Kirwan 3 a week before Hays because I was going through sorority rush (which I would say was one of the worst weeks of my life because I was EXTREMELY homesick, but I'm SO glad I did it and got to be a part of Alpha Gam- love those girls). I was basically a basket case that whole week, and one of the only things that got me through was knowing Hays would be back to move in the next week. He and Brad moved in the next weekend to their room almost directly below me! I was so happy to have him there! I honestly don't know how I would have made it without him that first semester, he comforted me when I was homesick, encouraged me when I was nearly failing every Chemistry test, and loved me all the time! I really relied on him a lot that first year, and he was everything I needed him to be and more.

The rest of college was awesome (so much better than that first semester) and during our last semester at school (Easter 2006 to be exact) Hays proposed! At this point we had been together for almost 5 years! I was SO sure that I wanted to marry him, it was the easiest YES I've ever said. 14 months later (on our 7 year anniversary), we got married at his church in Greenville. Our wedding day was perfect- the happiest day of my life so far!

The last 3 years we've been living our fairy tale here in Lexington. I can honestly say that I love him more now than I did 10 years ago when we started dating (when I had the butterflies), and even 3 years ago (when he put ANOTHER ring on my finger). Today I love him because of what he HAS been to me (my best friend, my rock, my husband), what he IS (my soul mate, my better half), and what he WILL BE (the best Daddy in the world to baby Brayley)!


Hays, thank you for loving me and sharing the last 10 years of your life with me. I am the luckiest girl in the world to call you my "baby daddy"!

43143!!!

2 comments: