Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ouch Charlie!

So...the inevitable has happened. I don't know why I thought I would be lucky enough to survive this entire pregnancy without morning sickness, but for some reason I did. My first 6 1/2 weeks were fabulous!!! I mean, I felt GREAT! But Monday morning....whoa Nelly....totally different story.

I woke up normally on Monday at 6:30 and showered and started getting ready just like any other morning. When I woke Hays up at 7AM because he needed to get ready for school (they had teacher's meetings) I started feeling funny. I told him I wanted to just lay back down for a minute and I might start feeling better. Well, a minute didn't help, 5 minutes didn't help, I tried to get up after about 10 minutes and couldn't do much of anything without feeling like I was going to puke or pass out. Ouch Charlie! I somehow managed to finish getting ready and grabbed some dry toast on my way out the door for work. I started feeling better about 10AM, but honestly didn't feel great the entire rest of the day. That night before bed it got bad again and I actually woke up in the middle of the night and got sick! I can count on one hand the number of times I've been so sick it WOKE ME UP in the middle of the night. Well, turns out that's an every night occurance these past few nights. I usually wake up around 2AM feeling like the world is ending......but then after I eat something and make myself go back to sleep, I am usually feeling okay by the time by alarm goes off at 6:30AM. So that's a good thing. I am just hoping it doesn't get any worse, because I'm not the greatest at dealing with sickness/pain. Hmmm...perhaps God is testing me? Preparing me for later? Oh wow- I have a ways to go!!!

So, at first I thought there must be something wrong with me. I thought morning sickness was just in the morning.....so I did what I always do...I Googled! Turns out it's completely normal to have morning sickness all day....for the ENTIRE first trimester! And for some mommies it lasts even longer. Oh joy! :) You know what, though? Baby Browning is worth it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment