Sunday, August 29, 2010

Whoa! We're Already 1/4 of the Way There!!!

Seriously?!?! How is it possible that this is already 1/4 over with already! Crazy! On Saturday I was exactly 10 weeks pregnant. Baby Brayley is the size of a plum (or a kumquat depending on what book you read) and is a little over an inch long. He or she weighs less than a quarter of an ounce. Apparently, the baby has completed the most critical portion of his or her development and we are now beginning the fetal period when the tissues and organs rapidly grow and mature. The kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver are in place and starting to function! WOW! Isn't it amazing that something so small already has everything already in place inside its body?!?! SUPER cool!

I have felt pretty good this weekend, I am back to taking my Phenergan every night at bedtime. It helps! I sleep better through the night and don't feel as bad in the morning. So that's good. I'm really hopeful that at the end of the first trimester (as I keep hearing) the sickness really will get better and I won't have to take the meds at all. Fingers crossed. We've technically got just under 3 weeks left in the first trimester, so hopefully the end of the morning sickness is in sight! :) I know the grandparents to be are probably MORE excited about the start of the 2nd trimester than me, because it means they get to announce Brayley to the world!!! They are all so excited to tell people, but I really want us to wait until we're out of the first trimester. It will be here soon enough.

Hays' parents were in town this weekend for his first official football game of this season. The defense played great, but his team didn't win. :( Oh well, lots more games to go, and I'm sure they will win lots! :) I think his parents have chosen their grandparent names: Karen will be "Grammie" and John will be "Brownie" or "Papa Brownie". I don't think my parents have finalized their names just yet, but there is plenty of time left. As for me...I am pretty excited to be a "Mama" and Hays is pretty pumped to be a "Daddy"! It will be SO fun!

We also got to see Whit this weekend and she brought lots of treats for me! It was so sweet of her! She got me Belly Bars (breakfast bars with prenatal vitamins), Preggy Pops (hard candies that help with morning sickness), stretch mark cream (which fortunately I don't need yet but I'm sure will come in handy later), and an awesome book about baby items we'll need and the reviews of each (so we can start our research)! It was so great to see Auntie Whitney!

I finished up my weekend with a baby shower for a co-worker who is due in just a few weeks. Her little boy is due around Halloween (which is around the time we will find out what little Brayley is). I couldn't help but think about OUR baby the whole time at the shower. I can't wait to meet our baby Brayley!

No comments:

Post a Comment