Friday, October 15, 2010

Apples, and Pumpkins, and Turnips?????- OH MY!

WOW- the weeks are going by so fast! This is crazy! Tomorrow I will be 17 weeks pregnant (Brayley will be the size of a turnip) and in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS we find out what Baby Brayley is......a Brady or a Bailey! :) We could not be more excited! Hays is just really excited to see the baby on an ultrasound, so far he's just seen the pictures that I bring home- he hasn't seen it live and he CAN'T WAIT! It will be fun! Our families are coming into town for it too! We are all so excited to see Baby Browning!

So....first item of BIG NEWS in the Browning household is that the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games are OVER! I survive....or shall I say WE survived! I took off work on Monday and Friday, so having a 3 day work week was a nice way to ease back into life after the Alltech Games. Also BIG NEWS this week...I found my camera cord! See older posts below for some updates and added pictures since the cord was MIA for weeks! I found it a couple nights ago in our kitchen junk drawer- of course!!!! Oh well, it's back, so the pictures are in FULL SWING this week!

A couple of weeks ago Hays and I went to Boys Orchard in Versailles to pick out pumpkins. I had never been to Boyds Orchard but knew they had apples and pumpkins so I was excited when Hays told me he wanted to go. We had such a great day! Check out our pictures:
As soon as you get there you see pumpkins everywhere and this HUGE chair in the front...so we had to get our pictures!Then there is a big gift shop area where you can buy food (fresh apples, preserves, carmel apples, candles, really a little bit of everything)! They also have concessions that smelled delicious (even to me)! Then on the back side of the gift shop there is a little bit of everything: lots of picnic tables, a hayride/trainride thing, a bunch of hay bails set up like a mountain, a kids play area with a blow up train tunnel, and A PETTING ZOO! I was elated! We, of course, had to be children. Here's some pictures from the petting zoo:

Hays the Bull:

Me, the sheep (BAAAAAAAAA):
Hays with the llamas:
Me with one of the goats (these were THE CLEANEST goats I have EVER seen- they were awesome! I wanted to take this guy home with me! Look how he's leaning into the picture. Precious!):Then it was time to pick out our pumpkins. If you know me, you know I can be quite particular. Hays and I pulled around our little red wagon for a while before we were able to pick out the perfect pumpkins. We knew we wanted three: a daddy pumpkin, a mama pumpkin, and a baby Brayley pumpkin. I think the ones we picked out turned out perfect!!!
Baby Brayley pumpkin was almost actual size, so I had to get a picture with him or her next to my belly!
A few days later we finally got around to painting the pumpkins to look like Daddy, Mama, and Brayley. I couldn't bring myself to carve the pumpkins for a couple of reasons: #1- they are US, not just pumpkins, these are me, Hays, and Brayley.....I can't take a KNIFE to them....EEK! and #2 because with all the pregnancy nausea I've been having I didn't exactly think scooping out the pumpkin guts and smelling that smell and feeling that goupiness would be a great move! :) SOOO....we opted to paint. I think they turned out great! Hays painted Daddy (obviously) and I painted Mama and Brayley. :)
Here is the finished product on our front stoop (with the mum and pumpkin sign from John and Karen). Doesn't our little pumpkin family look cute?
So that's about all that's new in the Browning household. I am still feeling good and waiting on that Baby Bump! My cousin, Lauren, has stayed with us this week- she is in town visiting her boyfriend Thad that goes to UK. We have had a good week. I drove her around campus one night to show her the sorority houses. Awwww...miss those days!

We have a busy weekend ahead of us- Rachel and Derek are coming into town this afternoon to stay this weekend. They are going to Big Blue Madness tonight and the UK football game tomorrow. My Alpha Gam girls are also coming in tonight for a Keeneland day on Saturday and brunch at Ramsey's on Sunday. So it will be a fun weekend! Can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment