Saturday, October 30, 2010

Brayley is a....

BRADY! It's a boy! We are both SO excited about our little dude, and we love him SO MUCH already! We've had a great last few days! On Wednesday night our family came into town so we could all be up and at 'em early for the ultrasound appointment on Thursday! Our appointment was at 9AM and we got called back right on time. Me, Hays, my mom, and his mom went back into the ultrasound room and I asked the ultrasound tech if we could have one more person....she said yes and Rachel got to come back too! It was perfect!
The ultrasound tech was wonderful, I had never had her before, but I LOVED her! She put the wam jelly on my belly and started the ultrasound. It wasn't long until the baby popped up on the screen. Apparently, he was in the breech position because it didn't take her long to find the "money shot" so that we could tell if Brayley was a boy or girl. She put the image up on the screen and said "Well, your baby is in the breech position so we can see what it is. What do you think?" I had NO IDEA, those ultrasound things are kinda hard to see, so I said "Is it a girl?!?!" Sorry Brady, I was WRONG! The ultrasound tech said no, and pointed to his "boy parts". I squealed and we immediately started calling HIM his name: Brady! The rest of the ultrasound was very technical, she was measuring all the parts of his body: his arms, legs, head, etc. to make sure everything was measuring on track. Technically for my ultrasound I was 18 weeks and 5 days, but many of Brady's measurements were more in line with 19 weeks 6 days. So I've got quite the grower in there! :) I am just so glad that he's healthy and doing good. I still can't feel him moving around, but BOY IS HE MOVING! It was so cool to see him flopping around on the ultrasound screen!

Brady's all curled up in the fetal position. His arms are by his face and his legs are crossed in front of him.
Brady's sweet little feet. I'm not usually a big fan of feet, but I will definitely be giving THESE feet lots of kisses! :) You can even see his little toes. I LOVE IT!
Brady's stretching out his arms in there! Looks like a little boxer! :)
Then at the end of the ultrasound, she turned on the 4D one to get us some good pictures. We all just GASPED- it was awesome. You could see everything! It was amazing. He is the MOST HANDSOME baby ever....I am convinced! :)

He's giving us the thumbs up in this one. He's clearly having a GREAT time in there! ;)
Brady's all crunched up! In this one he's kicking himself in the head! Looks like we've got a flexible little guy! Look how you can see his ribs in this one. Just AMAZING!

It looks like he's praying in this one. How sweet!!!


Another picture of Brady all folded up. I love how you can see his little fingers in this one! I love that little hand!!!

He's covering up his face in this one, I guess he was OVER having his picture taken! ;)

We had a WONDERFUL time in the ultrasound room- we were in there for about 45 minutes! After that we went back to the waiting room to tell Daddy and John (Hays' dad) what we were having. We held up a little sign we'd made that said "It's A Boy!" (we had made one for a girl too, just in case)! They were so happy, we were definitely THE PARTY of the waiting room.

About 10 minutes later I got called back to see Dr. Schell. Hays came with me. The first thing they did was weigh me, as always. I had gained 3 pounds since my last appointment (which puts me at a -1 pound gain so far). Then we went into the doctor's office and the nurse took my blood pressure (which was good, 107/72 or something like that) and asked me if there were any changes since my last appointment. A few minutes later Dr. Schell came in and talked to us about the ultrasound. She said everything looked good and I was measuring within 1 week of our projected due date, so that was great! She said Brady looked nice and healthy! Both the ultrasound tech and Dr. Schell mentioned that I had a low lying placenta. She wasn't really concerned about it at this point, but she did say that she will need to check it later on in the pregnancy just to see how it is changing. She said that meant we would probably need to do another ultrasound at about 32 weeks. I am perfectly fine with that! It's a good excuse to see Brady again! I'm not going to let myself panic about that until we know something for sure. I know God will take care of me and little Brady man! ;)

After we left the doctor, the whole crew went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast to celebrate little Brady! We had a great breakfast where I ate WAY too many carbs! ;) I guess that's what Brady was hungry for (I can blame that on him, right?)! ;) It was delicious as always! Then we headed to Target and Babies R Us to do a little shopping. I hadn't let myself buy anything for the baby yet, so I was ready to get some clothes. I found some precious things at both places. I swear, I don't think I will ever buy clothes for myself again. Babies are SO much more fun to shop for! We had a great time!

On Friday we did a little more shopping and discovered a new place called Buy Buy Baby. It is awesome! It's owned by Bed Bath and Beyond and truly has everything you can think of for babies in it. I was SO impressed! That night we went to Corbin, KY to see Hays' football team play. They played great, but didn't come away with a win. Oh well, they get to start the playoffs at home next week and we're excited about that!

Today we woke up and did a little more shopping, ate lunch, and then my parents headed home. Hays and I took a nap this afternoon and watched the UK game. The Kitty Cats didn't come away with a win either. :( Oh well, losses are a little easier to deal with when you are excited about something as cool as a baby.....a Brady Browning baby especially!!!!

Overall we've had a great few days! We are truly such a blessed little family and we are so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment