Monday, October 4, 2010

Whoa....15 weeks 2 days ALREADY!

I'm REALLY sorry for being a blog slacker...AGAIN! It's been 2 weeks since my last post....my apologies. I have a good excuse, though, it's THE ALLTECH FEI WORLD EQUESTRIAN GAMES....and I work for Alltech! Woo Hoo! The last 10 days have been a whirlwind, that have consisted of me working shifts at the Kentucky Horse Park, at Alltech HQ, and in my "home office" (ie. bed). :) The Alltech Games will be over with on Sunday (10/10/10), so we're in the home stretch. Yay! I am actually working from home today, technically I am "off", but I have to work on our timesheets today so that the marketing department can get paid on Friday...that's pretty important when people are working 80+ hours a week, right!?!?!

Anyway, I KNOW you aren't reading this to hear about my work schedule...you want to hear about BABY BROWNING. And who can blame you?!?! I am officially 15 weeks 2 days pregnant. Baby "Brayley" Browning is the size of an apple, orange, or avacado (depending on which book you read). I happen to like apple the best, so that's the one I'm going with. I am still not showing at all which makes me a little sad....I am SO ready for a baby bump. I apologize for the lack of week by week pictures on the sidebar (I have pictures, I just STILL can't find my camera cord). Ugh! I might have to break down and buy another. Boo!

Anyway, I'm feeling good and baby seems to be doing good too! Knock on wood....I haven't taken my Phenergan the last 2 nights and haven't really been sick, so YAY...maybe the morning/noon/night sickness is FINALLY over. I REALLY hope so! I had a doctor's appointment last week (when I was 14 weeks 5 days pregnant). They did not do an ultrasound, but I did get to hear the heartbeat with the doppler thingy. OH. MY. GOODNESS. It is the BEST sound EVER! I am SO in love.....seriously! To be honest, it sounds a bit like a dog barking (which I know is a weird comparison and doesn't mean I love baby any less, but it REALLY does). The heart was beating at 140 beats a minute which is apparently "perfect". YAY! Also at the appointment Dr. Schell did all the usual stuff: urine sample, blood pressure (normal), weight (up 2 lbs., but still down 4 lbs. total), and Q&A session.

I had lots of questions for Dr. Schell AS ALWAYS. First of all she told me it was totally normal that I wasn't showing yet, the baby is still really low and it might not start to move up and out until around my next appointment (when I will be 19 weeks). She also said it's totally normal that I haven't felt the baby kick yet. I am reading a lot of other blogs with girls who are around my same stage in pregnancy and some of them have already felt the baby, so I was a little worried that I haven't already- but apparently, it's totally normal not to feel the baby until 17-20 weeks, so I've still got some time. She advised that I get a flu shot, which is great because this week I found out they are giving out free ones at Alltech at the end of October, so that works great. I'm sure I asked lots more questions too, but I can't really remember.....pregnancy brain. :)

John and Karen came up to Lexington this weekend for Hays' football game on Friday night (where we BEAT Nicholas County- yay Hays)! On Saturday when I was working at the Alltech Games they got out and bought a yellow mum and Halloween sign for our front yard. I hadn't had a chance to get any mums yet, so now my house officially looks like fall (I will post pics when my silly camera cord stops hiding). Yay! It was great to see them, as always!

That's about all that's going on in our world. I am seriously going to try to do better about this posting stuff! Promise! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment