Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

What a fun Halloween! I started my day with a text from my friend Amanda (who is 41 weeks 2 days pregnant) that said she was in labor! So that was exciting. When I texted her 5 hours after she arrived at the hospital she had already had her epidural and was about 4 cm dialated. I texted her later that afternoon and she was still only at 4 cm, about 12 hours after she arrived at the hospital they decided they would do a C section, and her little girl was delivered later this evening.....all 8 pounds 3 ounces of her! That's a BIG baby for a little person like Amanda! :) I am so proud of her. I know she and Kevin will be GREAT parents!

Hays and I went to church this morning (where I wore my first pair of maternity pants- and they were GLORIOUS)! And then had lunch afterwards at our favorite sandwich place (and one of the only places I can have deli meat for the next few months, because they steam it). After that we came home and rested for a bit before heading to the Lexington Youth Football League championship game for the 7 and 8 year olds! :) It was hilarious! The kids are tiny, but are playing full contact football. 2 LCA coaches and their kids are on the team, so that was why we were there. We had a great time and their team won (yay Steelers!)!

After the game, Hays headed to his football meeting and I headed to Target and Old Navy! I knew Brady needed some Halloween gear for next year and that everything would be on sale today! Check out what I found at Old Navy:

I found a monkey costume that is SOOOO precious, it's furry and warm and will look great on little Brady man next year. It even has a banana in the pocket- too cute!!! Hays loved it too, of course, he LOVES monkeys! So I know he will love our little monkey next year! I also picked up a "My First Halloween" onesie, and pumpkin and skeleton (glow in the dark) outfits. Brady will be STYLIN' next Halloween! :) I can't wait to dress him up and take pictures! Have I mentioned I already love this little dude?!?! Cause I do....A LOT!

After my shopping excursion I picked Hays up from his football meeting and we headed home to hand out candy to our trick or treaters. Trick or Treating was tonight from 6-8 and I was prepared with LOTS of goodies for the kiddos. This year we had Halloween popcorn mini bags and pretzel snack bags- I always try to buy treats that I don't really like so that I don't eat them all before Halloween gets here! :)

I had quite the little set up tonight. Since it was cold outside, I put my ottoman (and eventually chair) in front of the door so I was ready when the trick or treaters came. I would guess we had about 60 tonight, which is less than normal, but it was a CHILLY night. I had a blast anyway!
Overall, we've had a great weekend. Hays' isn't over yet- he's off work the next two days for election day! I am jealous! I guess I shouldn't be because I had a long weekend too, but mine was Thursday and Friday. Back to the grind for me tomorrow!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment