Sunday, December 19, 2010

26 Weeks!

Pregnany Highlights

How Far Along: 26 Weeks

Size of Baby: Brady is the size of a cucumber (15 inches, 2.2 pounds)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I will find out for sure on Tuesday, as of my last appointment I had gained 6 pounds, but I am POSITIVE this number has gone WAY up! Oh well, it's for a great cause! ;)

Maternity Clothes: Wearing ALL maternity pants and a mix of maternity and non-maternity tops. I don't know how I will ever say goodbye to the maternity jeans- they are pretty much the best things EVER! :)

Movement: Brady has plans of his own when he wants to be active. Sometimes during the day I will go a few hours and not really notice that he's moving- which scares me and I BEG him to move. Then, once he starts he does NOT let up! I think his favorite movement time is when I get up in the middle of the night to pee (usually about 3AM). When I lay back down he is LOVING LIFE! He bounces around and does flips for the next few minutes. Sometimes it's hard for me to go back to sleep, but sometimes I'm so tired I can sleep through it! The other morning I woke Hays up to feel it and he put his hand across my belly and he could feel Brady from one end of my belly all the way to the other. Little Brady man must be stretched out in there! :)

Sleep: I get up at least once per night- sometimes I can go right back to sleep, sometimes I'm up for a couple of hours. The good news is, I can NAP like it's nobody's business! :) So, when I am not getting a TON of sleep during the nighttime hours, I can make up for it with my 3 hour naps on Friday evenings. Yes, that actually happened! :)

What I Miss: Nothing really- sometimes I will crave Jimmy Johns (ahh...deli meat)! But those cravings are fewer and farther between lately. :)

Cravings: Oh boy! I have a problem! I am ADDICTED to Dairy Queen Reindeer Bites Blizzards! Oh. My. Word. They are UNBELIEVABLE! I may or may not have had FIVE in the last week! That's just ridiculous! It's the perfect mixture of vanilla ice cream, chocolate chunks, caramel chunks, toasted coconut, and graham cracker crust pieces. MMMMMM!
Side note: as I was trying to find this image of the Reindeer Bites Blizzard, I came across the nutrition information. EEK! All I can say is DO NOT look at this. I am disturbed, and now REALLY dreading the scale on Tuesday!!!

Symptoms: The hip and lower back pain still comes and goes, but it seems to have gotten a bit better (must have been that WHOLE 15 minutes of yoga I did last week). LOL! But overall, I am feeling pretty good. I'm not sure what has happened but I can't remember the last time I had heartburn. WOW! I should knock on wood right now! :)

Best Moment This Week: FEELING Brady's heartbeat. Hays' favorite passtime lately is loving on Brady (talking to him to feeling him move)- he loves the baby belly for sure! On Saturday night, he was doing the usual "goodnight Brady" routine and his face lit up and he said "I can feel his heartbeat!" It was SO cool! At first I wasn't convinced that it was Brady's heartbeat, I thought it might be mine. But then I felt it, and it was definitely faster than my heartbeat. :) Awww- Little Brady Man, you make us SO happy....even just feeling your sweet little heart! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment