Sunday, December 5, 2010

What We've Been Up To....

I have been a BLOG SLACKER lately, and I apologize, but hopefully posting THREE TIMES in one day will make up for it! :) It's been a pretty great couple of weeks in the Browning household. Last week at work was a short one for us both, Hays only had to work Monday and Tuesday and was off Wed-Sun! I had to work Wednesday, but still got a 4 day weekend for Thanksgiving, so that was FABULOUS! Hays had football practice on Wednesday and Friday so we decided not to go home for Thanksgiving this year- it was our first time to stay in Lexington for Turkey Day! We had technically already had Thanksgiving on 11/6 with his mom's side of the family and we got to see lots of my family that weekend too, so that was our early Thanksgiving celebration and I'm okay with that. :)

Hays' parents and sister ended up coming into town on Thanksgiving day (where we had spasagna, not traditional turkey/dressing for dinner) and then headed to the Winstead/Ramsey household for dessert. It was great to see my BFF Lora Lee and her family that night (especially since we were the only ones in our PJs). :)

On Friday we woke up at 2AM and went Black Friday shopping.....wait, that is totally a JOKE! I was having NONE of that black friday nonsense this year! Sorry, Rae- I know you were up with the chickens! ;) We actually slept in and watched TV that morning before heading down to campus to check out Kennedy's Bookstore (where I actually DID do a bit of Christmas Shopping, so that counts as Black Friday shopping, right?). Then we came back home and put on our layers and layers and some MORE layers for Hays' football game that night. It was supposed to be SUPER CHILLY in Hazard, KY for the LCA/Hazard semi-final football game that night. Burrrrrr! We all got ready (and looked like we could go out and play in the snow) and hit the road to Hazard! A "quick" 2.5 hours later we arrived at the football stadium (thank goodness for TomTom or I would still be lost in the mountains)! It was an AWESOME game, and the LCA Eagles played wonderful (especially the defense, if I do say so myself)! :) Unfortunately the Eagles didn't pull off a victory this year and Hazard would be continuing to the state playoffs the next weekend to face Mayfield.

Saturday morning Hays had his last football meeting and the rest of us slept in....again- yay! Once we got up and got moving Hays and his mom decided we should work on the office to nursery transformation. I was less than excited about this, because honestly it looks like a BOMB went off in our office and was overwhelmed by the THOUGHT of getting started on the room. We started simple by cleaning off the top of the desk in the room, then started moving things out of the room to other places in the house, then cleaning out and reorganizing the random assortment of items in the closet. We found some random "treasures" along the way and ended up with A LOT of piles of things that needed to find new homes. We were able to send a stack of items to Helping Through HIM (a goodwill-type establishment at our church), and organize a bunch of other items into piles that would later go into rubbermaid boxes (to be put under beds and in our attic). We definitely put a DENT into the office/nursery transformation and as much as it stressed me out, I am SO GLAD we tackled it.

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful, Hays and I stayed around the house on Saturday night after his family left and took it easy! Sunday we went to church, to lunch, and to the movies. It was a pefect Sunday afternoon with my Hubby- the first Sunday afternoon we had spent together since football season started in August! I was a happy wifey! :)

On Monday evening, I hosted my first Thirty-One party! Thirty-One is a cute little company that sells purses/bags/stationary/keychains and other cuteness and most of the items can be monogrammed and personalized. It is precious! A girl that I work with just started selling it and asked me if I wanted to host her first party! I happily obliged and invited all the girls from the marketing department at work. About 10 of us showed up and we had a great time looking through the catalogs and checking out the items Amanda brought! I may or may not have found Brady's future diaper bag:

I ordered the black one with a monogrammed "B" in platinum. That way if I decide I like it as a diaper bag, B is for Brady. And if I don't like it for that it can be a work back and the B can be for Browning. :) Genius, right? I knew there was a method to my madness on this BB thing. ;) I also found some other cute things in the catalog and will post details once I get my order in!

The rest of my work week was pretty uneventful- it's finally turned into WINTER around here, so the commute into and out of work has been CHILLY! It pretty much just makes me want to come home from work and immediately put on PJs.....so, that's what I do! :) On Friday, Hays left for Bowling Green with Ray, the head coach at LCA, to watch the state playoffs this weekend. So when I got home from work on Friday my intentions were to be super productive early and get in bed early (I'm not a huge fan of being home by myself so sleep is an easy way to take my mind off that). Well, turns out my body had different plans and as soon as I got home from work I collapsed on the couch and slept for 2.5 hours. When I woke up at 8:30 part of me just wanted to go to bed but I decided to bite the bullet and go to the mall. I had some things to take back and some sizes to switch around on some other stuff, now that the mall is open late for the holidays I still had time! I guess most of the Christmas crazies had already left by the time I got there because the mall (and even the parking lot) wasn't bad at ALL! Yay! I was able to finish everything I needed to do in an hour and was back at home ready for bed by 10PM. Success!

Saturday morning I woke up to 2-3 inches of SNOW! It was SOOOO beautiful! I love SNOW and think it makes everything look prettier! It really feels like Christmastime now! :) I was a bit concerned about the roads, because my plan for the day was to go to Louisville for a Christmas party with some of my sorority sisters. My friend Claire and I had planned to ride together and I think we were both a little nervous about the roads but decided a trip to see our friends was worth it! The roads actually ended up not being that bad (my driveway was BY FAR the worst of the conditions), so we made it to Louisville unscathed and in time to watch the UK/UNC game (sad ending to that game, but let's not dwell on that)! Alicia ended up following us to Louisville so we had a safe little caravan on I64! :) We had SO MUCH fun at Amanda's beautiful house and it was AWESOME to see everyone. We ate WAY TOO much yumminess that Amanda fixed for us (can't wait for those recipes!), watched the CATS (OUCH Charlie), played a dirty santa gift game (where I scored some LOVELY earrings), and headed to dinner at 60 West (I'm a BIG FAN and will be back)! I took NO pictures, but Herde tagged be in the one below- thanks Herde!!! It was SO much fun to see everyone and catch up with my girls!

Today Hays and I are probably going to take it easy, that's what Sundays are for! We're probably heading to 11:30 church shortly. We just LOVE our church! And I'm sure an afternoon nap will most likely be in our futures! I wonder if Brady will like lazy Sundays as much as his parents do? I sure hope so! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment