Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Daycare Decisions

Last week, I finally found the time to visit the 2 other daycares I wanted to see before we made our decision on where baby Brady would be going. Well, I'm really glad I did because I loved both of them and one is now my new favorite! Yay! I visited Bethel Harvest Church Child Care and Central Baptist Church Child Care. Both of which are SUPER close to our house and my work, which is important! :) I was really pleased with the cleanliness, security, and overall feel at both places.

I believe Central Baptist Church will be the daycare that Brady will attend starting in August. I was really impressed with the "teachers" I met and the look of the facility. I can definitely see Brady doing well here. The ratio of teachers to children is 1:4 which is LESS than what the law requires, so I loved that. One of the teachers in the infant room (children 6 weeks to 1 year old are kept in one room) told me that her spiritual gift was loving children! I was SOLD! She was great and you could genuinely tell she loved her job. So, we are officially on their waiting list and I need to call and check in with them about every month or so to make sure they know we are still interested (which we are), and then Brady will be able to start attending August 1, 2011!

I am so glad the daycare choosing process was as easy as it was- I truly was dreading it. I definitely thought that NO DAYCARE would please me, because nothing would be good enough for MY BRADY! Well, while this is probably true, I honestly felt that he would be well taken care of at any of the daycares we visited. I do feel Central Baptist fits him best (not to mention Central Baptist Hospital is where I'm having him, so it's only fitting that he be kept at Central Baptist Church, right?). :) I know the ladies here will take very good care of my little man when Hays and I have to go back to work.

YAY- that's one more thing checked off the list! Brady will be here before we know it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment