Saturday, November 13, 2010

21 Weeks- On the Downhill Slope

So this is it, I'm over the hump and rolling down the downhill slope of this pregnancy! Hard to believe that Brady will be here in 19 weeks! :) I have had a great week- I am LOVING the 2nd trimester! And I hope I keep feeling good through Thanksgiving and Christmas! This week I have decided to start keeping track of "pregnancy highlights" week by week. One of the blogs I follow (Kelly's Korner) is 4 days ahead of me in her pregnancy and she does this every week. I think it's a cute idea! Enjoy!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along
: 21 Weeks
Size of baby: Brady is the length of a carrot
Total Weight Gain/Loss: This one is tricky because I don't own a scale (on purpose- lol) but at my last appointment I was down 1 lb from my pre-pregnancy weight (I am sure this will change at my next appointment on 11/23)
Maternity Clothes: Mix of regular and maternity shirts, ALL maternity pants (they are AWESOME) :)
Gender: It's a BOY! Brady!!!
Movement: I've been feeling the baby a lot more lately! It is my favorite thing in the world! He is most active in the morning and evening! I think he likes his afternoon naps!
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty good, but happy to say that I am NO LONGER taking the Phenergan for about a week and a half now! YAY! I hope I don't jinx it! :) I am getting up a couple of times a night to pee, but I go RIGHT back to sleep! YAY!
What I miss: Sleeping on my back (my hips hurt in the morning from switching sides all night long) and DELI MEAT! Oh well, small prices to pay for Baby Brady! ;)
Cravings: Applesauce and Ice Cream (in the past week I have eaten a half gallon of Moose Tracks- eek!)
Symptoms: I've been having heartburn almost daily, but it's not so severe that I take anything for it. I guess Baby Brady is working on growing some hair (isn't that what heartburn means?). :)
Best Moment this week: Friday morning Brady was moving around all over the place, so I made Hays put his hand on my stomach and Hays felt him too! It was awesome! Hays said it was his good luck high five for his game that night! And LCA won, so I guess it worked! Nicely done Brady man! ;)

Last weekend, we traveled to Western Kentucky for Thanksgiving with some of Hays' family. It was a quick trip (we were home for 21 hours I think), but it was FUN! We got to see tons of our family! I didn't take any pictures at Thanksgiving, but several others had their cameras out so once those are posted on Facebook I will move some over. There are TONS of kiddos in Hays' family, so we always have a great time with them! Hays' sister, Whitney, came up from Nashville too! It was AWESOME to see her! She's so much fun! And, she brought treats for me and Brady (the purple shirt in the pictures below is courtesy of Whitney, and the navy shirt in my 20 week picture on my sidebar is from her too)! She also got Brady his first ever concert t-shirt. Follow up post about all of Brady's gear soon! :)

On Saturday evening when we got back to Greenville and I got to see my Dad's mom and sister (Mammaw Opie and Lisa). It was great to catch up with them. Then Mama showed me a fun thing she found in my closet: THE GATOR!
Hays had actually bought me this gator back in 2004! Every year in college, my best friend Lora Lee would invite us to the Farm Machinery Show in Louisville with her family. We always had a great time, so we looked forward to it every year! Well, in 2004 it happened to be on Valentine's Day weekend!!! So Hays and I celebrated Valentine's Day early and his gift to me that year was a little dog riding this John Deere gator and flowers! Get it? Farm Machinery Show.....so he got me a GATOR! He's a clever one! Anyway, we decided that not only was this a cute VDay gift, but someday our babies could play with it! We were right! 7 years later our little boy will be able to play with it! :) We were so excited that Mama found the gator! :)

On Sunday morning, we had to leave early so that Hays could get back to Lexington for his football meeting. We ended up leaving around 10AM, which worked out perfect because I got to see Rae when she got home from work at 8AM (she works third shift at the hospital as a nurse) and we got to see my parents and my mom's parents before they all went to church. We had a little mini photo session!

Mama and Daddy (aka. Mama Lu and Granddaddy/G-Daddy) are lovin' the baby bump! It really is crazy how much Brady grew in one week! Okay...maybe it had something to do with the ice cream. ;)

You can REALLY see the bump here! Me with my Baby Daddy and best husband ever! ;)

I love this picture of me with Popy and Nana! No one in the world loves babies as much as my Poppy!!!!

Aren't they a cute couple? I just love them!

Photo session continues with my Aunt Judy and Mama! Aren't they cute in their matching pink?

On Monday night this week I did a little baby shopping after work! I went to Baby's Room, a cute baby and kid's furniture store. There are SO MANY OPTIONS! Geez! I don't know how we will ever make a decision! Tuesday, I had dinner with some of my Alpha Gam girls! We went to The Pub and The Orange Leaf and had an awesome time! I love these girls and even though we don't see each other a lot every time we meet up it's like we never left the sorority house! Those are best kind of friends! :) Shout out to the Orange Leaf- the new frozen yogurt place in Lexington! It is SO yummy! Hays and I are going back tonight! :)

Wednesday night, Hays and I made our way to Lawrenceburg to visit Kevin, Amanda, and their new baby Isla! We absolutely love this couple and spent TONS of weekends there a few football seasons ago when Hays and Kevin both coached the Anderson County High School Bearcats football team! Now that he coaches in Lexington, we don't get to go by and see them as much and I miss them terribly! They had their baby Isla on Halloween which is SO FITTING for this couple- Halloween is their favorite holiday and they always throw a huge Halloween party! This year was no exception, they just threw the party a little early. Unfortunately we didn't make it this year, because their party fell on the final weekend of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. :( Oh well, I'm sure next year's party will be even better because it will be Isla's birthday! She is an ANGEL baby! I'm not kidding. She was perfect! Amanda is really trying to implement Baby Wise, which I keep hearing is amazing! I hope that Hays and I are able to follow it just as they have, because it really is amazing how scheduled and well-adjusted Isla is already at just 10 days old! :)

Here is Daddy Kevie and his tiny Baby Isla! She looks so TINY in his arms, but she weighs 8 pounds 6 ounces! :) She's precious and he is SO happy- can't you tell?!?! :)

Here is Mama Mandy and Baby Isla. She's bouncing her in this picture. Amanda is a ROCKSTAR and ran with Isla the whole time she was pregnant! When she was 8.5 months pregnant she went for a 3 mile run! She is amazing! Needless to say, Isla really likes to be bounced! :) (Side note, my camera has been doing weird things and was deciding to act up when I took these pictures at Kevin and Amanda's- I think it has something to do with the lighting but I am NOT happy! I think Hays and I might have to invest in a nice camera before Brady comes.....maybe that will be our Christmas present to each other! Anyone have any suggestions for good cameras?)
The beautiful, happy family!
Isla started crying so Mandy had to give her some kisses! SO SWEET!
Hays did a great job holding sweet baby Isla! He's a pro already! :)
She's a good sleeper! She was totally at peace in his arms. Melts my heart!!!!!!
These are pics of Isla on my lap! She was so precious. I let her lay there and squirm around for several minutes. She kept putting herself right back to sleep. She was just precious!
Back to sleep!
We had an awesome time seeing baby Isla! It had been a LONG time since I had held a newborn baby! She was a joy and made me so excited for March to get here! Kevin and Amanda have never seemed happier and are truly adjusting perfectly to parenthood. It was a breath of fresh air to get to hang out with them and their sweet little family!
On Thursday night I went to the Holly Day Market Preview Party with some girls from work. It is a fun event put on by the Lexington Junior League every year. I had never been but I really enjoyed it and even got some Christmas shopping started! Yay! They were playing Christmas music and everything smelled like Cinnamon! It was fabulous! AND, yesterday I found out that Mixmas started in Lexington (94.5 FM)! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas music!!! It might just be time to put up my Christmas tree and start wrapping presents! :)
Friday night was (of course) football night! It was round 2 of the playoffs and LCA played Raceland! I was really nervous before the game for some reason and I think Brady was too because he was kicking a LOT! He must want to be a kicker! ;) The game got off to a great start and really wasn't much of a game at all because we played GREAT. The clock ran the entire 4th quarter and we ended up winning 48-8! Hays' defense was AWESOME and Brady and I were very proud of him! So was Ray Graham (the head coach at LCA), after the game in the huddle he had all the players shout "War Eagle" at Hays for a job well done! It was pretty cool! :)
So that was our week! It's been a pretty fun and eventful one! I think Hays and I might get out and play tonight! I definitely want him to try The Orange Leaf and maybe we will check out Buy Buy Baby while we're out! Of course, some of this weekend will be dedicated to football. We play Fairview in the 3rd round of the playoffs at HOME next week, so Hays will have some film to break down. Go Eagles! :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a week! You look beautiful, baby mamma, and the belly is so big! I can't wait to love on it soon ... when, soon?! I love you and Baby Brady so much - can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete