Monday, November 22, 2010

SO Much To Be Thankful For

WOW- Thanksgiving is almost here! How did that happen so fast?!?! 2010 has just been a whirlwind! Seriously! I must say that I'm kind of excited that time is passing by so quickly, because I am looking forward to SO MUCH in the coming months! I can't wait until our little Brady man is here in March! Hays and I are both SO over-the-moon about him already!

This time of year always makes me think about the MANY things I am thankful for. I am blessed with SUCH an amazing family- my parents have been married almost 30 years (their anniversary is 12/12) and they gave me such an amazing childhood and I am still so close to them! I think one of the big reasons that I love holidays so much is because my childhood was FILLED with great holiday memories! I have the best parents ever! They also gave me my favorite (okay.....my only) sister, Rachel! Who I have fought with my entire life, but would do ANYTHING for! She's my total opposite in most ways, but I love her SO much! I hope we are able to give Brady a little brother or sister someday- it really is a relationship like none other. When I was 22 my family expanded when I married my best friend, Hays! He is without question the love of my life, and I am so thankful that God let me meet him when I was so young (4 years old)! I wouldn't have it any other way! My in-laws are A-MAZING, and I am so lucky to have such a great extension to my family. :)

My friends are another extension of my family, and I've been so blessed to have such great friends throughout my life. Many I've known as long as I've known Hays, from our days at the Greenville Public Library, then to Second Baptist Preschool, Greenville Elementary, Muhlenberg South Middle and High Schools. Though many of these friends have since scattered all over the place, I look forward to going home for holidays and seeing them (or at least their families that still live there). Ahhh...home! :) Then we have my "sisters"! Oh, those Alpha Gam girls that I met in college! "How generous is God that he has given me so many women I can call friends. Dear, good, life-enriching women who add flavor, value, delight. I would be the poorer without them!" It is so true! I love my fellow squirrels and the crazy memories we made in college and beyond! ;)

Hays and I are so blessed to be where we are in our lives right now- sometimes we need to pinch ourselves! We love our jobs- I work at Alltech and he is still teaching at Anderson County Middle School and coaching football at LCA! We are mildly obsessed with football this time of year, but it is so much fun! Seeing the person you love so totally IN LOVE with what they do is a really great thing. I am so happy that he loves what he does (because he works REALLY hard at it)! We love our church! Southland is doing some AMAZING things in Lexington! It is such an inspiring church whose leaders have a true heart for loving people and following Jesus. You can't get much better than that! We love our house, it's small but perfect for us! And we LOVE that we are having a baby! I don't think there are many babies in the world that are more wanted than Mr. Brady Browning! We are so happy to be his parents and we can't wait for him to officially join our family in March! ;)

Lord, thank you for all of the amazing blessings in our life. May we never take these for granted and be eternally thankful to you- the giver of ALL that is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment