Monday, January 3, 2011

28 Weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 28 Weeks
Size of Baby: Brady is the size of a small cabbage (17 inches, 2.9 pounds)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 9 lbs. (will probably find out it's A LOT more at my next doctor's appointment)
Maternity Clothes: I love maternity clothes! I can literally come home from work and sit all evening in my work clothes. I don't need to change into pjs until RIGHT before bed. They are SO comfy! I have NO IDEA how I will ever be able to wear real clothes again! :)
Movement: Brady is SO STRONG! I have been feeling him move around a lot lately (like not just kicks and punches but actually movement). I can tell he's starting to get a little cramped in there already, so he adjusts positions a lot!
Sleep: Sleeping pretty good. We slept in our own bed last night for the first time in 10 days and it was glorious!!! We loved being home for Christmas, but it's good to be back in Lexington. :) The new tshirt sheets from Mama Lu definitely helped us sleep good last night!
What I Miss: Sleeping on my back. Hays has been waking me up a lot lately and telling me to roll over because he'll notice I'm sleeping on my back. I'm glad he's looking out for Brady, but I really miss being able to sleep how I want to. Oh well- Brady's worth it!
Cravings: I have been letting myself have a Coke every now and then, today it was a Cherry Coke from Subway. YUM! I won't drink more than 1-2 a week, but I must say they are AMAZING when I do drink them! Ahhhhh- I love the burn!
Symptoms: Speaking of the burn....my heartburn is in full force again! Do I go back and forth on this every week? I finally broke down and bought some Tums Smoothies (thanks for the heads up Carly), and they're pretty amazing. They have the consistency of chalk (ewww) but they definitely help the heartburn!!!
Best Moment This Week: I am feeling Brady so much lately! The other morning I was laying in bed and I felt him on my left side, my right side, and my ribs all at the SAME TIME! I told Hays that must mean his head was on my left side, his butt at my right side and his legs in my ribs. It was pretty cool! I can't wait to keep figuring out where he is in there! He must be having a good time, maybe even a dance party in there! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Brady may pop out with a head full of hair if the old wives tale about indigestion during pregnancy is true! So happy you are doing well! I feel you on the back sleeping, I never was a big back sleeper before, but now that I'm not supposed to, sometimes it is the only position that feels comfortable ... totally worth it though : )

    ReplyDelete