Monday, January 31, 2011

Bradymoon in Gatlinburg

Hays and I decided to take one more vacation as a family of two before little Brady man arrives in a few weeks. I had heard several people talk about how fun taking a babymoon (a vacation before you have a baby) could be, and how important it is to spend that time together before the baby comes. We decided that ours wouldn't be a babymoon, though, it would be a BRADYmoon! We decided to head to the Smokey Mountains! I had been to Gatlinburg several times, but Hays had NEVER been, so I knew it would be the perfect place. We ended up staying in an AMAZING cabin that one of Hays' football players' family owns! They gave us a PHENOMENAL deal, and we had THE BEST time! Here's the bear that welcomed us when we arrived.

The cabin was called Beary Special- how cute is that?!?!

Outside of the cabin!

We got to the cabin on Friday evening, unloaded our things and then headed out for dinner. We were hungry, but it was SUPER early, so when we arrived at Bennett's BBQ we were almost the ONLY ones there. At first we thought it might be a bad sign that no one else was eating there, but then it occurred to us that normal people don't eat dinner at 5:15! ;) Our BBQ was yummy! I had a pulled pork sandwich and Hays had a full rack of ribs! :)

After dinner we drove through Gatlinburg (Which Hays said was EXACTLY what he expected- as opposed to Pigeon Forge/Sevierville which he said was the MOST RANDOM place ever and could best be described as "Hillbilly Vegas". I agree, but I still LOVE it!) and then headed back to the cabin- we were tired from working that morning and making the drive down (about 3.5 hours from Lexington). We called it an early night and then woke up early the next morning to have a BIG pancake breakfast. There are TONS of pancake places in the Smokies, but we had heard that the Log Cabin Pancake House was the best....and we heard RIGHT! :)

It was SUCH a random place! There were stuffed animals everywhere, the waitresses were named things like Gaynell, and the food was FANTASTIC! I mean seriously! Best blueberry pancakes I've ever had, and Hays' white chocolate pancakes were UNBELIEVABLE!!!!


Please notice the random stuffed animals below.

Are those some good looking pancakes, or what?!?! I am pretty happy about them! ;)

After we FILLED UP on pancakes we headed to Tanger Outlet and somehow managed to tackle the ENTIRE mall in 3 hours. I was pretty impressed. Hays is the master navigator! We didn't end up buying too much, I was surprised and proud of myself! I could have gone CRAZY in the baby and kid stores, but I tried to hold off! Hays didn't even hate the shopping too much because they had an Under Armor and Nike outlet. We even found UK apparel in the Nike store and I was AMAZED (everything was either UT or Duke everywhere else-YUCK)!
After we finished at the outlets we headed into Gatlinburg and ate at No Way Jose's. It was YUMMY! I love Mexican food in general, but any place that brings you a gravy platter FULL of cheese dip is a winner in my book! I was a BIG fan! Then we were tired so we decided we would pick up some groceries (the necessities: frozen pizza and ice cream) and a movie and then head back to the cabin for the night. We took a nap, woke up and watched the UK/South Carolina game (which we WON) and then watched our movie (The Killers- which was fabulous!). Then we headed to bed, but not before I took a bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub! Yes, there was a jacuzzi tub and YES I took a bubble bath every night while we were there! Here's a tour of the whole cabin. I was in LOOOOVE!
The cute litle kitchen:
The breakfast nook- you can see there were LOTS of windows- the views were ahhh-mazing!
The living room (where we cheered the CATS to victory on Saturday)!
The bedroom downstairs- we didn't sleep here, but I did borrow their pillows to use upstairs! :)
Upstairs was one big room, once you walked up the spiral stairs the first thing you see if the air hockey table! WOO HOO! I love air hockey, but unfortunately we didn't play once all weekend. :(
There was also a pool table! Hays played....himself (because I am terrible at pool)!
They also had an old school video console with Pac Man, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, and Gallaga! Hours of entertainment!
This was our bedroom on the other side of the room!
And, ahhhhhhhh, the tub! Love this! Need one!
The upstairs balcony.
The other side of the balcony- too bad I couldn't get in. :( Next time!
This was our view from our bed. How beautiful are the Smokey Mountains?!?!
I could have taken 100 pictures, the mountains are SO beautiful!
That's my beautiful "baby Daddy" and the mountains! I sort of LOVE him! ;) That's his "lumberHays" shirt!
Me with the mountains!
We left our cabin about 10AM on Sunday- we woke up really early the whole time we were there because there were no blinds/curtains in half of our bedroom so the sun woke us up pretty early. Not to mention we went to bed early both nights- vacations are for rest, afterall! There was a Christmas store in Pigeon Forge that I wanted to visit and it was FANTASTIC! It's Christmastime year round there! LOVE IT!
Look! We found Santa!
It's our family of three, Daddy, Mommy, and Baby Brady!
After we left the Christmas store we headed to Calhoun's for lunch. Hays' friend, Hyatt, had recommended this place and when we pulled into the parking lot we noticed that it was voted "The Best Ribs in America", so that's NEVER a bad sign! I ended up having a random assortment of side items: green beans, macaroni and cheese, and mashed potatoes and it was YUM! Hays, again, had a FULL RACK of ribs! He said they were pretty YUM too! My favorite thing about this place was that they brought out a basket of bread with LOTS of options, there were rolls, biscuits, and cornbread muffins! I, being the carb-o-holic that I am, was in HEAVEN! :)
After lunch we filled up with gas and headed out of town so we could get back home at a decent hour. We had SUCH a wonderful time on our Bradymoon! I just love spending time with my husband! I know every vacation from here on our will be VERY different, but VERY fun with our little Brady man!

No comments:

Post a Comment