Monday, January 17, 2011

Busy Week!

On Saturday, I officially rolled over to the 30 week point! I can't believe Brady will be here in 10 weeks! Honestly, I know everyone says this, but this pregnancy really has flown by! Where did the last 30 weeks go?!?! Until now, I have felt like I have had PLENTY of time to get everything done, but now I'm starting to reach panic time! I am sure it will all come together and be perfectly fine, but I will feel MUCH better once the nursery and a few other things fall into place!

Yesterday was Martin Luther King Day so both Hays and my mom (Mama Lu) are off from work, and since Karen (Grammie) is retired the future grandmothers decided to make their way to Lexington to work on the nursery! I am so lucky to have the best family in the world! Their goal for was to get the room repainted (we're painting it the same color that it already is and the only reason we have to repaint is because we are finally taking down the fabric corkboard that has lived in this house since we got it). We have delayed taking down this corkboard because the previous owners tried to use double sided tape (the thick rubbery kind) to stick this thing to the wall, which CLEARLY didn't work, and they had to use screws instead. This left behind a LOT of nasty glue mess! They ended up using an electric sander on the drywall to get the residue off and then repainted the entire room. When I got home from work last night at 5:30 the room was perfect! Brady and I are SO THANKFUL for their help! I was blown away!


The next item on the agenda is my 30 Week appointment today! We are getting another ultrasound to check on my placenta (which is hopefully NOT low-lying anymore) and I am just excited because it means we get to see Brady again! Hays and the grandmothers to be are going to join me for the appointment, so that will be fun! Of course, I have a list of questions for Dr. Schell as always and I will blog a full report of the appointment later this week! :) I can't wait to see and hear our little Brady man!

After my doctor's appointment today I have 3 appointments scheduled at local daycares to meet some of the staff and tour the facilities. There is a possible 4th daycare that we could also visit should time allow. I have prepared a list of questions and hope to get on some waiting lists so we are ready when Hays has to go back to work in August. The great thing about when Brady comes is that (if he comes on time), I will be off work with him until June 20th, then Hays will be off with him until school starts back mid-August. So Brady will be almost 5 months old by the time he gets to daycare, which makes me feel a little bit better about it. I will be sure to blog about how the daycare visits go. I am kind of anxious about it!

Now, for the carpet! We are having the carpet in the nursery cleaned tomorrow and I am hopeful that a couple of the stubborn spots on the carpet come up once and for all! If not, we may be looking into having the carpet replaced in that room. Eek!

After the carpet situation is worked out we should be receiving our furniture. We ordered it last week and it should be in anytime from January 19-25. I am SO excited to see the furniture set up in the room, it makes everything SO REAL! I was already giddy just seeing the cubicals that we got from Target the other night in the room! I am going to FLIP when I see the crib and dresser! :)

Next is the "BABYMOON"! Hays and I will be heading to Gatlinburg this weekend!!! Hays has never been to Gatlinburg, and I haven't been in several years. I am really looking forward to it and really hoping the weather cooperates! Fingers crossed for no snow! Right now the forecast is looking good, I just hope it stays that way! I am so excited for some outlet mall shopping, good eating, and time away with my Hubby! :)

After our trip it's back to reality with our childbirth class on Saturday, January 29th! Then, with February comes lots of fun showers! Whew! It's going to be a FUN and BUSY next few weeks, but I am SO EXCITED!

I am just so thankful to be where I am right now! When I was cleaning out some boxes that used to be in the office this week I found a book that Hays and I wrote in in 2006. It's called All About Us and it has all these questions that you answer about your relationship and where it's headed. It was so funny to see what we thought about ourselves, our relationship, and where we were going 5 years ago! The really funny thing is that we were pretty right on! One of the questions was: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" And we both said, married-to each other, happy in our careers (marketing/coaching), and maybe even a baby. ;) Isn't that funny? I am so thankful that God blessed me with such an amazing husband (and boyfriend all those years ago)- I know he will make an amazing daddy too! And that He is letting me experience being a Mommy! I don't think I have ever wanted anything this much in my life and I am just SO HAPPY!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the nursery!

    As I read you were 30 weeks I wondered if you'd do a babymoon. We did that same one. We went to Gatlinburg and had the best time. We slept alot and stayed in from the rain, but it is good to be away and have that time together without distractions. I know y'all will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete