Thursday, January 13, 2011

30 Weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights


How Far Along: 30 Weeks (How is it possible that I am already 3/4 of the way there- it has been SO FAST?!?!)


Size of Baby: Brady is the size of a butternut squash (17 inches and 3.1 pounds)


Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still at + 9 pounds (because I don't own a scale), but I'm sure at my appointment on Tuesday she's going to tell me I've gained at least 5 pounds since my last appointment (maybe more)- we shall see! Again, it's ALL for a good cause! ;)


Maternity Clothes: Have I mentioned that I LOVE maternity pants and I'm not sure I will EVER stop wearing them?!? I mean seriously! They are like like pajamas (or the Pajama Jeans, have y'all seen these?!?! Hilarious!)


Movement: Brady is a mover! His favorite times to move are right around lunch and about an hour after dinner until we go to bed (he's probably still active after I'm asleep, but I am usually so tired I sleep right through it). He's a bit bashful sometimes, and when others try to touch my belly to feel him kick he tends to refuse! Such a funny boy, already getting that personality! :) I am still mostly feeling his body move (vs. kicks/punches), but sometimes he will contort his body in a way that he is literally in my ribcage- how this is possible I will never know! ;) You can sometimes see a little bump in the middle of my stomach between my ribs- it is the craziest thing!!!


Sleep: It's getting hard for me to even remember how great of a sleeper I used to be! Seriously, I always slept through the night, very rarely got up to pee, never had trouble falling asleep or getting comfortable. HA! All this changes when you get pregnant...even for great sleepers like me! I usually don't have trouble falling asleep, but the staying asleep part gets tricky. My hips usually start hurting in the middle of the night so I roll over onto my back (NOT ALLOWED) and Hays wakes me up to roll over onto my side, then I try the other side, then I end up on my back again so I wake up and roll back on my side. It's a lovely cycle, really! ;) On the bright side, I am still getting enough sleep because I'm not tired during the day! AND, there were 2 nights this week that I didn't get up at ALL to pee in the middle of the night. I was amazed when my alarm went off and I hadn't had to get up yet! We'll see how long that lasts.


What I Miss: Not much, really, I guess sleeping on my back and sleeping through the night.


Cravings: Chocolate or anything sweet! Hays has been trying to get me to eat more protein, so this week when we were at Sam's Club I bought some Detour bars (these are protein bars that I used to eat when we did "Body for Life" before we got married). Anyway, they have 15g of protein and taste like a candy bar- so no complaints here! :)


Symptoms: Still having the random heartburn (and still obsessed with TUMS)! And I've developed serious overactive bladder (on Thursday I almost had to RUN to the bathroom at work)!


Best Moment This Week: Wednesday night with Hays was absolutely fantastic. We had date night at Mi Pequena Hacienda (our favorite Mexican place), headed to Wal-Mart to register (and finished!), came home and ordered our crib and dresser online, and researched babymoon locations (we're going to Gatlinburg soon)! It was such a fabulous evening with my baby daddy! :) Brady's actually going to have somewhere to sleep when he comes......well....eventually he'll be able to sleep there! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment