Tuesday, March 8, 2011

36 Week Appointment

I really love having my doctor's appointments every week now. I remember when my friend, Carly, got to this point in her pregnancy she said that you really NEEDED to go every week because a week felt like a month! She's SO right! I feel so different week to week- it's crazy! Overall, still feeling great, but it's nice to go in and know that things are still looking good for baby Brady too! He's GOT to be getting ready to come out, I know he's packing on the pounds...okay, probably ounces....and though my belly is GROWING A TON, I'm sure it's still tight in there for him. Poor little dude! I can't wait to see him in a couple weeks and just let him STRETCH OUT for the first time! :)

My 36 week appointment (3/3) was a pretty normal one. I came to this appointment alone because Hays had to stay after school to chapperone a volleyball game. I told Hays before the appointment that I couldn't really feel Brady's head under my ribs anymore, so I was hoping that maybe he had flipped, so I was going to ask Dr. Schell to feel it too! Keeping my fingers crosssed that he had moved to head down. The appointment started off like normal: weight (gained another pound- +22 total), blood pressure (normal: 118/74), and Q&A session. My strep test came back negative, so that's good news, and everything was still looking good! When Dr. Schell came in and I told her about thinking he had flipped and I let her feel all over my belly. She said she really couldn't tell a big difference in the head and butt, so she offered to do a quick ultrasound, and sure enough....I was WRONG! Brady's still sitting frank breech! That little stinker was messing with Mommy! Oh well! Looks like we're still ON for the C-section on 3/22/11! I was happy to get another glimpse of him on the ultrasound, though. He is such a cute little guy! She looked at his heartbeat (instead of using the doppler to hear it) and it looked great she said. She showed me his little spine too. It's just remarkable! I can't wait to see him OUTSIDE of me in just a FEW DAYS! YAY!!!!

Dr. Schell's son, Charlie, happened to be in the office today too, so I got to briefly meet him. He is THE CUTEST kiddo! He was a little freaked out! I think seeing his mommy in a white coat with a lot of instruments hanging around her neck kind of made him nervous. Not to mention all the strangers. He's almost 2 so he's not really into strangers- which, let's be honest, is a good thing!

Overall it was a great appointment, and I go back next Thursday for my 37 week appointment. This is always the GOAL appointment because at 37 weeks you are considered full term, meaning Brady can come at ANY TIME and be just fine. Whew- it feels good to be here! I've been praying to reach this point the whole pregnancy, so I am relieved!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are sooo close, way to go!! Don't forget to post after the birth as well, I need to be able to keep up with Brady in somewhat real time ... even if it's just cute snapshots you get during your days at home with the cutie-pie!! (FYI, you can post in advance on blogger if you get bogged down ... I do that usually on the weekends, write up a few posts and then set them to post during the week)

    Isn't Charlie the cutest?? It's weird for me to read about you seeing Dr Schell since I've known her as Karen for so long : )

    ReplyDelete