Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dear Baby Brady,

There is no way for me to adequately describe what the last 9 months have meant to me. I am so honored that God chose me to be your mom. I have enjoyed every up and down this entire pregnancy (to be honest, there were WAY MORE ups than downs). I can hardly even remember those middle of the night trips to the bathroom, but I will NEVER EVER forget the first time I heard your heartbeat and the first time I felt you kick! You are the best thing that has ever happened to your dad and me! And I hope that I'm able to show you that every single day!

I don't think I have ever prayed for anything as much in my life as much as I have for you! Almost two years ago I started praying that God would let me be a mommy. Your dad and I wanted to be parents SO badly and words cannot express how happy we were to find out that I was pregnant with you (it's another one of those days I will never EVER forget)! As soon as I found out I was having you my prayers changed- I was so thankful to be given this gift (you) and so anxious for all the things I had no control over. There are SO many things in life, Brady, that you have no control over, and it's honestly a great thing because God's plans for things are ALWAYS better than ours and He is the one in control. I know that He is the one that has taken care of you and made you perfect these last 9 months, and I can't wait to meet you in just a couple more days!

Brady, I love you so much- more than I even thought possible before! You have truly made my heart grow bigger because of the amount of love I have for you. Thank you for showing me how to love like this! I know my heart will only continue to grow with love for you in the future. Please know that there is nothing you will EVER do to make me love you less- trust me, "my cup runneth over" with love for you! I am going to try my best to be the perfect mommy, but I KNOW this isn't possible. I apologize in advance, but please know that I am doing my very best because that is what you deserve.

I'm so ready to live this crazy thing called "life" with you and your dad. Our journey to a family of three has been the happiest time in my life and I know it doesn't hold ANYTHING to how much fun we'll have in the future! I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

(As your dad and I say...) 143,
Mama

4 comments:

  1. This sweet letter brought me to tears! Tears of joy, of course! Jess, I am SO HAPPY for you all! I have loved reading your experiences and seeing your pictures. I am sad that I haven't seen you in-person, yet so thankful that I've felt like a big part of it all since I read your blog! Jess, you have a precious heart! A heart that is made to be a mommy! This is so exciting and I love you dearly! Praying for a safe and healthy baby and smooth delivery too! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you are going to be a Mom in a little over a day! I have loved following your journey on here, through you guys and Whit! You will be amazing parents and Brady will be an amazing addition to your family! I pray for a smooth delivery and can't wait to hear "official" confirmation that you are are a family of three!! Love you guys bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you this minute as I know you are in/awaiting delivery. Enjoy every moment!!! I'm so glad you got to write this before he made his appearance. I did the same to Vince while we were in the hospital the night before my induction. Baby boys are very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're all praying for you Jess! Can't wait to mee that sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete