Saturday, March 19, 2011

39 Weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 39 Weeks

Size of Baby: Brady is about the size of a watermelon (approximately 7.5 pounds and 19-22 inches long)

Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 24 pounds

Maternity Clothes: As much as I have really enjoyed wearing these stretchy, super-comfy, belly-showcasing clothes..... I am ready to pack them all up in storage (or give them back to my sweet friends that let me borrow them) and start wearing real clothes again. I'm not sure exactly when that will happen, but hopefully it won't be too long before I can fit into something without elastic! ;)

Movement: Brady is definitely getting ready for his grand entrance into the world. He's still moving around in there, just not nearly as much as he was a few weeks ago. One day this week I felt him stretch out ALL his limbs and I thought he was going to burst through my belly! It was so weird! Sorry, little dude, just a few more days until you can REALLY stretch out! :)

Sleep: What's sleep?!?! Okay, I know I can't really complain because I haven't had THAT many sleepless nights (at least compared to what I'll be experiencing in the coming months)! I get sleepy really early and then when I go to bed, I sleep for about two hours and then I'm up and down all night long. Last night, I even moved to the couch for a bit but I couldn't fall back asleep for a couple of hours. :( Everyone keeps saying "sleep now while you can before that baby comes!", and I try, but it just isn't working out! Oh well, when I get the urge for a nap I always indulge! So that helps! :)

Cravings: Ice cream!!!! Oh my goodness gracious! I will not even write on here how much ice cream I have had this week- it's disgusting really! Only a few more days that I can blame this on Brady, though, so I might as well enjoy it while I can! 3 more days 3 more days 3 more days! YAY!!!!

Symptoms: Heartburn (still sticking around.....still lovin' me some TUMS), constant thirst (especially in the middle of the night, which makes me mad because I know as soon as I drink anything I will have to pee again in 30 seconds), and of course intense excitement for next Tuesday!!!!! We are SO excited to meet little Brady man!!!!!

Best Moment This Week: This whole week has been a countdown to baby Brady! It seems to be all that I talk about or think about. We are just so excited to meet little man! All day on Tuesday, I kept thinking "this time next week I will have a son"!!! It's so hard to believe that we are this close to actually getting to meet him. I just can't wait to hold him and kiss him and tell him how much I love him. It's such an amazing thing, the love you can already have for someone you have never met, and I KNOW that my love for him will only grow! Ahhh...this is really bliss. I think it's the happiest I've ever been in my whole life! LOVE YOU BRADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment