Saturday, March 19, 2011

38 Week Doctor Appointment

On Thursday I had my last pre-natal appointment with Dr. Schell. It was so surreal to think the next time I come into that office I am going to have a baby! My appointment happened to be DURING the UK/Princeton game and the entire waiting room was GLUED to the TV. It was hilarious. By the time I got called back for my appointment, UK was losing by 5 and I was NOT happy.

My nurse did the usual: weight (gained 2 more pounds- up a total of 24), urine sample (normal), blood pressure (I was actually nervous about this because the CATS had me worked up, but it was normal too 120/82), and the Q&A session. Everything has really been pretty normal for me so the only question I had to answer yes to was the "swelling in your hands and feet" question. My hands have started swelling a little bit and I usually can't get my rings off in the mornings, but by the afternoon I don't have trouble. Then by the evening my feet are starting to swell from being on them all day. It's nothing crazy, but I can tell a difference.

Then Dr. Schell came in and about that time we heard the doctors in the office across the hall start clapping. Guessing that this meant good news for the CATS we decided to open the door and ask what happened. There were less than 10 seconds left in the game, so Dr. Schell and I just went into the other doctor's office and watched the end of the game. The CATS pulled it off! Thank you Brandon Knight, for choosing THIS point in the game to score your only 2 points! Whew- that was close!

Dr. Schell and I then continued with my appointment. She filled out my pre-admission testing paperwork, which basically is just bloodwork that I will do on Monday morning (so that everything is squared away for Tuesday morning). She listened to Brady's heartbeat (which sounded great)! Brady's still head up- no surprise there! Then she looked through my chart and said everything looked good and next time she sees me she'll be giving me my baby! SO exciting! It was another great appointment! But I am SO glad to be so close to getting to meet my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment